Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 06:55:15 -0700
I've got my first deaf ferret.  Yep, it's confirmed now, Tippy is deaf.
Since she is very skiddish and frightens easily, instead of trying to train
her to come to thumping noices and since hand signals fly over her tiny
little head, I'm using a laser pointer.  I try to gain her attention and
make her follow.  I've had a little success and will hopefully get more as
time goes by (or lots of bananas!).

If she happens to miss or ignore the laser pointer, one of my other three
usually pick up on it and with a little coaxing, will chase it or run over
to her (which scares the poop out of her --- literally!) and they will
start chasing the light and getting her interested.

There's alot to be done.  Wish me luck.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TROY LYNN!!!!!
I just got the latest issue of FERRETS and saw her article on walking
ferrets!

Lynn (Harley, Sneekers, Jake and Tippy)