Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:07:43 EDT
On September 18, 2002 a revocation hearing was held regarding Jen
Morrison.  I was at that hearing and would like to let everyone know my
perception of what transpired.

While waiting for the hearing to begin, myself and two friends waited at
the back of the court room.  During this time I overheard my name
mentioned and loud voices coming from another room.  At about this time
Kris Neal stood up and asked if I was in the court room then asked that I
follow her to another room.

During our conversation in this room, Kris revealed that Ms. Morrison
would be pleading "not guilty" to the revocation charges.  She denied
having brought my two ferrets to her condo in Layton and told the
attorney she had brought them to my home in Wyoming.  I was then asked if
I would testify should the need arise, among other things.  I agreed.

The time came for the hearing to begin and Ms. Morrison's attorney was
asked how she would plea.  His response "no contest".  He also stipulated
that Ms. Morrison wanted it on the record that she is "not guilty".  This
type of response was reiterated several times throughout the hearing.
Ms. Morrison was asked for her plea and stated "no contest" but she
wanted it on the record she is "not guilty".

As many of you know Ms. Morrison was placed on one year probation and
given a $200.00 fine.  While this is not the outcome many of us would
have seen as a victory I believe it was.  It is my belief that had I not
been in the courtroom that day she would have walked away with nothing.
Please don't hear me as saying I am the reason for what occured, I just
feel things may have been different if no one had been there to testify
for the prosecution.

While this is only a small victory the work regarding this case will
continue.

Lori and Spirit, Nathan, Solan (at the bridge)