From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 21:30:08 EST
Hi Guys!

Well, this weekend was quite the exciting weekend for me.  I am having
back surgery coming up in February, so I moved from my third (and top
floor) apartment in one building to the building next door, just across
the driveway, into a first floor unit.

Last night my doorbell (I live in an nice but old apartment building
where we have doorbells, not buzzers) rings at about 10:15.  Normally I
would have been like "Who the HECK?" but with the move this weekend,
anyone was apt to show up at any given time.  I looked at my friend
Christy, she looked at me, and I went down in my tank top and shorts to
answer the door (I live just outside of Boston - it's about 30 degrees
and NOT tank top/short weather LOL).  There on the other side of the
door is my neighbor across the hall.  I laughed and joked with her thru
the glass she had lost her key, then I saw the look on her face.  She
was panicked. She pointed at me, then the floor....and there was my fat
baby, Templeton, sitting on the third step up from the door!  My heart
went in my toes. My neighbor is terrified of ferrets.  Won't even come
in my apartment, although she's ok with me in the hall.  She wouldn't
even open the front door to come up the stairs.

I can't figure out how Templeton got out.  I had (I thought) put
everyone in the cage when we started hauling things downstairs last
night.  My building is secure, with a locked door to the outside (thank
god) where noone else can get in except the residents in the building
(six aparments including mine) and everyone in my building knows the
ferrets are mine. We're not technically supposed to have pets but my
landlord granted permission.  Oh, did I panic when I saw him.  Of all my
critters (I have five) I would never have suspected Templeton of being
the escape artist.  When I picked him up, he was shaking and just looking
up at me with these big brown eyes of his and saying "Mom?  Why is it cold
here?  What are those things I had to climb down toe get here (steps)?
No food?  Did you bring treats with you?  Mom?".

So today, all thru the day, I had them in their carriers and they were
in my new bedroom, with us doing headcounts every couple minutes just to
make sure.  What a scare!

Now I know how Eppy's mommy must have felt when she realized he was
gone. I am just very very grateful I have all my babies tonight.  I
thought everyone would enjoy that tale though :)

Sue
Dante "Ma! Froot Loops! Now!"
Toby "Pinned ya!"
Paul "I'm old? I'm DEAF? I'm BLIND TOO?? I don't believe you...and now
I'm gonna go kick Dante and Toby's butt just to prove it!" Templeton -
"I'm so fat I almost got named Fatty Boombalaty!" (4.25 pounds) and my
little girl, Nala, who of course NEVER answers to Nala...she answers to
either Widdle Girl or Da Baby Girrrl!!