From:
Holly Massay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:13:09 +0000
My ferret Bear (5 yr old male) was just diagnosed with multiple myeloma
yesterday.  He experienced a "spontaneous" break of his front left leg.
The orthopedic surgeon was able to repair the leg we needed to save the
left leg inorder to spare the right leg (which also has evidence of
cracks) too much additional strain.  Xrays, did not show any cracks other
then in the front two legs (upper arm)We have an appt with an oncologist.

My vet has been fantastic in helping with treatment, referrals etc.  as
she isn't familliar with this type of cancer.  I am having a hard time
finding information re: myeloma & ferrets.  Does anyone on the list have
experience with this?  I'm interested in getting as much information as
I can prior to the appt with the oncologist.

Thanks in advance.

Holly