From:
diana ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:56:31 -0900
I have a dark eyed white that was diagnosed with insulinoma a little over a
year ago.  His age was very advanced and we did not feel he would be a good
surgical candidate.  We started him on Pred right away and as time has
progressed we had to increase dosages.  It reached a point about 2 weeks
ago where the pred was no longer helping.  So we turned to proglycin.  We
started at the bottom at the dosage scalr and have had to increase almose
immediately.  His GB level was to low for a reading 2 days ago so we
increased dosage to .15 ml 3 times a day.  He will noty eat harr ferret
food so 3 times a day I give him 12 ml of duck soup mixed with .5 ml of
dextrose.  I also supplement with 6-9 ml of duck soup in between regular
feeding and medicating.  He has been on the increased dosage for 2 days now
trihjt on schedule with feedings.  Well today at 2 pm as I was getting his
food and meds ready I heard him gag very loudly and the dog freaked out to
get my attention.  Grandpa was having the mother of all seizures.  He was
convulsing and chirping very loudly.  I dosed him with straight dextrose
and geve him all his meds a half an hour early.  It took about 20 minutes
for him to calm down, then he rested for about 15 minutes.  Very pooped out
then he started twitching again.  I gave him some pred mixed with straight
baby food and the vet said just to watch him.

I know that I am rattling on but I want to give as much info as I can.
Does any body have any ideas or suggestions as to what else I can do for
him?

Diana and The Ferret Farm