From:
Pat BAby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 09:01:57 -0600
This topic brings to mind a couple of instances from the past. My group
right now is pretty laid back and doesn't get into much, or I have just
learned more over the years.

I had an apartment years ago in Downtown Vancouver in a 100 year old
building. At the time I had a Mexican themed bedroom with a great
Mexican rug hanging on the wall over the bed. I was working at home
and noticed It was awfully quiet for that time of day: should be a lot
more action going on. I went into the bedroom to investigate and there
was my DEW boy Pepsi sitting there covered in black rich potting soil.
Looking up there was this tiny sable butt in the air just firing all
the dirt she could, as fast as possible out of the hanging plant
Scooter had climbed on to the bed and then climber the rug till she
could reach the plant . It was one of those things where you just stand
there with your mouth hanging open saying OH MY GOD! The rug was moved
to another wall after that and replaced by Terracotta pots.

My same little Scooter was the one that discovered how to climb the
back of a dresser like a previous poster mentioned; back to the wall
for leverage and up the back. I later found a good reason to move
dressers away from the wall a bit. It was the same old apartment. The
walls are not very straight after holding up this building for 100
years. When a dresser was placed flush at the bottom of the wall there
tended to be a gap at the back of the top. My big boy Max had jumped
from something temporarily being stored in the bedroom to the top of
the dresser. When I went into the bedroom, Max had fallen down the back
side ways and he was hanging with his head wedged in this crack and
his body dangling about 6 inches above the floor. He was limp and
unresponsive. He must not have been there long, as soon as I moved the
dresser he started to stir a bit. He made a full recovery, but it sure
made me realize no matter how long you have ferrets, and how ferret
proofed you think your house is, they will keep you on your toes.

--
Pat BAby
Everything will be alright in the end!

http://albertaferretsociety.com