From:
Mary H Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:56:14 -0400
I must write in support of those who have expressed concern for the
ferrets in your care.  Two ferrets lost in such a short span of time is
just a little bit careless in my opinion.  (And one for several days,
per your post) And not knowing if it was unusual for them to disappear
for several days is even stranger.....and it sounded as if no one
instituted an immediate search when Big Vinnie disappeared.  Or is it
that no one was attentive enough to notice he was missing for several
days?  Either possible situation makes me very uncomfortable.....he
could have died in the location he was finally found in.  And although
I realize that accidents DO happen, I guess it was the way in which
you reported the death of the one you fell on and killed.  It was just
matter-of-fact.....devoid of the strong emotion I have seen in other
postings where someone's ferret died due to preventable causes.  I am
THE WORLD'S MOST CLUMSY human being.  BUT.....when my little fuzzbutt is
out of her cage, I NEVER make sudden movements knowing that she could
potentially be right at my feet.  And IF I needlessly caused her death,
I would be so depressed I would take to my bed and never leave it again.

After checking the FML archives (which only are listed through 6/2004) I
realized that you are the same person who was asking for donations to
PURCHASE a ferret from a pet store.  When that was originally posted, I
(as a new member of the FML) thought it took alot of gall to make such a
request.  I was glad for all the postings expressing concern over your
not being able to afford to BUY a kit.....thus how were you going to
afford to CARE for it later on.

I will second the opinion that you seriously need to further ferret-proof
your home.....for the protection of the trusting little ones in your
care.  Don't let another 'accident' occur.

I know that this will probably get ME flamed.....but, hey, I'm used to
it for speaking my mind on issues in which I truly believe.  And if YOU
didn't expect to get negative reactions to your posts, you should have
not written them.

Mary Parker and the wee-weasel, Wheezy