From:
Tracy Tunnison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:48:29 -0500
I contacted the Michigan Dept.  of Health, who, by the way, does ALL rabies
testing in the state of Michigan.  MSU does not do rabies testing.  I talked
to Dr. Bill Hall, who is quite high up in the heirarchy there, and he said
there has not been a single rabies positive ferret in Michigan.  When I
asked for numbers of how many ferrets had been tested, he said they will be
doing a year end count to be available sometime in January and to call back
then for exact figures (all types of animals are available).

So, to any who were worried about this, please relax.  To Mary Schatz, tell
that director, or whoever you talked to, to get his/her facts right before
spouting forth crap!  This is how rumors are started and Lord knows we don't
need any negative publicity about the fuzzbutts here or anywhere :)

Hope today finds all your fuzzies happy and healthy!

Tracy Tunnison
Mid-Michigan Ferrets and Rescue
"Where the Fun Starts!"
GLFA Show Registrar