From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:10:17 -0700
Ms.Sukie
Can't anyone express an opinion without a lengthy badgering ???????

>There is nothing wrong with folks personally favoring certain hypotheses
>and behaving accordingly when they aren't harmful ones, but it is
>important to not confuse any hypotheses (not been proven by well designed
>studies) as if they were fact, and it's wrong to panic about hypotheses.
>Honestly, it's just plain wrong to put much emotional energy into
>hypotheses because many don't pan out which causes confusion and because
>it risks skewing perceptions and therefore reducing open-mindedness
>needed for best assessment, so folks need to read, learn, choose, BUT
>also simply remember that any hypothesis may not pan out.  I can
>understand how your confusion on this arose; it's one of a number of
>hypotheses that multiple people have way too often treated as if they
>were fact and that has needlessly created confusion and panic for many
>as a result.

You never said WHAT academic degree you hold ????  As for BHA & BHT
having the ability to cause cancer who really knows ???  There are so
many studies that bombard us daily claiming that just about everything
has a dark side .  First aspirin was said to be a cure all , then years
later said to cause ulcers , know it's part of a daily regiment by heart
healthy people because it helps thin blood and reduce the likelihood of
heart attacks.  I would imagine that the average ferret owner is NOT
someone who would read someone's opinion and immediately run through out
the house checking every box of food for the EVIL element (if there is
someone out there that would do this , please switch to decaf).

As for writing messages and replies with emotion, you can't count
yourself out , you just hid it better with long drawn out sentences .  We
all write with some sort of emotion, THIS LIST SERVE IS HERE FOR PEOPLE
WHO LOVE FERRETS , WE ARE ALL EMOTIONAL ...

Fire away , I don't care , you already badgered me, I was just waiting
for my turn :-P

Ferreter

[Moderator's note: Hey, badgers are Mustelidae, just like ferrets!  I
think they are both often misunderstood... take a deep breath and give
your ferrets some hugs.  BIG]