From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 08:03:12 -0500
Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been out of town for the past week
or so and am just now reading the FML that contained your question.  The
information you have requested is available on the local club's website.
Visit http://www.texasferret.org/legal.shtml for a description of legal
issues in Texas and the different categories that a city can fall into.
From this page there are links to lists of cities that fall into each
category and often specific information on each city.  Off the top of my
head I can tell you that ferrets are illegal in both Coppell and Dallas,
and Dallas animal control is rabidly anti-ferret.  If you must live in
that part of the metroplex, I suggest you look at northern Irving, Highland
Village (favorable code makes ferrets specifically legal), Carrollton,
Farmers Branch, Lewisville (specifically legal), The Colony, maybe
Colleyville, though it is further west.

Debra in Fort Worth