From:
"Kohrs, Kristeen [NCSUS]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:06:30 -0400
I own three ferrets who are all from Pet Stores.  (I'm sorry -- I was naive
and I didn't know much about shelters.)   The 1st two were from the same
store and they gave me a "ferret fact sheet".  It had additional detail
that what came in the MF brochure but nothing compares with the resources
I have found since then.  The 3rd ferret, Al, just came with the little MF
packet.

What about creating a fact sheet to give to pet stores to give out with
the ferrets they sell?  I think it would be especially helpful to give a
listing of all the Internet resources available on ferrets.  Another idea
would be a fact sheet for the store employees.  Depending on the size of
the store, they may just have teenagers working there part time that really
don't know about the animals and there is nobody there willing to teach
them.  Do you think that there are pet stores that would be receptive to
the help?

Katie, Matt & Al were lucky.... The kids that worked in the store had
ferrets of their own.  They were handled every day.  The last pet store
was especially sad to see Al go.  He was fun to watch and very active.
He still is my most active.  Katie and Matt probably wish I stuck with
the pet store they came from, home of the calm ferrets!

Kristeen, Katie, Matt, & Al