From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:22:03 -0400
>We are planning to get a Chihuahua puppy , does anyone have an opinion
>to the disposition of the breed towards ferrets ?  Remember we are
>getting a puppy , male , fawn not an adult.
>
>Please back up your ideas with at least a bit of evidence not
>speculation.

As far as I can remember, chihuahuas and ferrets get along fine.  The
only evidence I can produce is that I left my first ferret, Cocoa, with
friends for a week when I was out of town.  These people bred chihuahuas
and had four (or was it more than that?) chihuahuas and Papillons (sp?)
in the house when Cocoa was there.  They never reported any problems
between the animals.

(as an amusing aside, the lady of the house claimed she was going to
introduce Cocoa to the Kennel association as a new breed of Chihuahua! :)
I don't think she did.)

hope this helps.

-Inez