From:
Christa Besherse - Residence Life <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 20:55:44 CDT
I know what you mean about our little bug-eaters being gross.  I read a
few weeks ago where someone's ferret likes to chase butterflies.  I saw a
moth sitting on my bed and thought "Hey, maybe Pete would like to chase
butterflies too." (Moths aren't that much different) Anyway, I put him on
the bed and off he went.  He chased the little guy around for a minute.
Then, all of a sudden, chomp, chomp, _GULP_!...No More Little Moth!!!  I
couldn't believe it!  For the next few minutes every time I would look at
him I would think, "He's too cute to eat bugs!" Until I started thinking
about whether the moth was toxic to him.  Fortunately, he didn't get sick.
Needless to say, I haven't been pointing out moths anymore!

cj - "Oh no!  Not the little moth!"
&
pete - "He was good, Mom!  Can I have another?"