From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:49:14 -0700
>[Moderator's note: Good question, thanks.  Posting the vet's names is OK --
>they are not prosecuted for treating ferrets.  But admitting to owning them
>is another issue, though it's a bit difficult to prove a particular ferret
>is a personal pet rather than a patient.  I will remove the info from the
>archvies just in case.  BIG]

Hopefully someone specifically knowledgable in California can respond but
it doesn't matter if a vet is keeping someone else's ferret or their own -
the result is the same.  As I understand it, vets are legally allowed to
treat ferrets but not keep them overnight.  Keeping the ferret overnight
is possession.  And the possession is illegal not just strictly ownership;
otherwise all the California folks could lease them from folks outside the
state.

>From:    Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Mothering jills
>I have noticed that BOTH of the two girls have been mothering the other
>jills

Normal and expected.  Not all mama-to-bes do it as openly as others but
even those that are going through a false pregnancy will do maternal acts
to their room-mates.  Some even try to drag their people in for mothering.

>From:    Eve Kochel <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Fert Fashion
>Hi, Bill!
>You're a nut. ;-)

Thanks!  Never claimed to be anything else...

>Thanks for the clarification!  I guess next they'll be accessorizing?

Just watch what they start stealing and stashing.  With summer coming
they'll start going for matching handbags or something.

-bill

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets