From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:07:18 -0500
I need about 20 more ferret reports to fill the needs of Dr. Robert
Wagner for whom I am collecting that data to help ferrets.

What is being sought are the ages at onset of adrenal disease, but
there are TWO THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. The ferret needs to be of a known age not an estimated one so adult
adoptees are out. We simply can not use guessed ages or they might
cause problems for research designed to help ferrets. (The age of
on-set can be reported to the nearest half year.)
2. The reports need to be of the age(s) that the vet diagnosed the
ferret(s). If you had suspicions and took the ferret to the vet because
you suspected adrenal growth(s) that is a normal behavior and still
counts as a veterinary diagnosis *if* the vet agreed with you. We
need to know when the attending veterinarian decided that adrenal
disease was the case.

Oh, and there is not an age limit. If your ferret had an adrenal growth
as a kit, or as a very old senior, AND anywhere in between those ages
are wanted.

If you are outside the U.S., please, tell me, when you write. (BTW, the
reports I've gotten from outside the U.S. so far are very similar to
the ones within the U.S.)

OH, AND IF THE FERRET IS WHOLE rather than spayed or altered / neutered
TELL ME THAT. That could be important.

If you have such info and have not replied yet I can be reached at
either
or

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: