From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:35:36 -0400
Ran into something which worries me.  Marshall Pet Products has announced
a new product: SuperChew Ferret Toys: " 'perfect toy' ... irresistible ...
all natural toy for ferrets with a rubbery texture and a ten point star
shape ... protein based ... human grade materials and are 100% edible ...
no sugar, no artificial colors, and have no preservatives ... 3 pack for
$4.95 and a six pack for $8.95".  I am hoping that they have purchased
some rights from the wonderful Cheweasel folks rather than stomping all
over their patent and have written a note to the folks asking.  It would
be terrible to have someone so reputable hurt by a larger company, but
just fine to have them benefit by the large one realizing how ferret care
is advancing.  Hope they let us all know soon what is happening.

[Moderator's note: And the good news, straight from Hyper-Fur is:   BIG]

I want to thank those of you who have e-mailed me about Marshall's
SuperChews.  Let me assure everyone that Marshall's is distributing their
SuperChews with a license from us.  We had heard rumors that a number of
companies (other than Marshall's) had been interested in producing a
Knock-off Cheweasel.  We felt that by continuing to make and market
Cheweasel, and by granting Marshall's the right to sell SuperChews, it
would saturate the relatively small market and discourage the Knock-off
companies.  If anyone hears of any companies other than Marshall's
producing a similar toy, please let me know.  We will take legal action
against anyone that infringes on any Patent rights we may have.  Thank
you all very much.

Thanks,

Don Hunt
Hyper-Fur Ferrets' Products
Makers of CHEWEASEL edible ferret chew toys,
Visit our web page at: http://www.artnet.net/~hyperfur