From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:19:08 -0800
Well, thanks too everyone who sent messages of sympathy when Booboo passed,
and too everyone who sent messages of cheer when Tasha arrived!!  Vet gave
her a clean bill of health.  (though her ears were a bit dirty)

As to ferret names, ours are Mira, Cael, and Tasha.  Mira is an Old English
word meaning "wild laughter," and from which, the name Maeve is descended.
Very appropriate.  Cael, we thought, was just a celtic-sounding name we
made up, and later, due to our Cael's attitude, was given the meaning,
"fat nose-biter."  However, we have recently come to learn that it is an
Irish-Gaelic word meaning "Apetite."  Also wholey appropriate.  Tasha, well,
Tasha just fit!

As to funny things we have been caught doing, besides the usual, (running
around on hands and knees so fast you get rug burns, at 23, etc.)  I have
been known to let the brats take treats from between my teeth, and I allow
Cael, (he isn't the brightest ferret) to "steal" my hand.  That's right, he
takes ahold of my finger, ever so gently, and drags me under the bed.  If
I still fit under the bed, he would keep going until all of me was under
there!!  As it is, he usually only gets me up to the shoulder. :)

And too Hotdish, who's first name I do not know, thank you for mentioning
the Alaska Flight 261.  I did not know anyone on the flight, but my father
has been a pilot for most of my life, so air disasters always hit me very
hard.  Good luck on your trip this March, and just remember, (again,
speaking as one who flies a lot, daddy being a pilot and all) that if all
of the car crashes were publisized the way every single plane crash was,
Ford, Chevy, and GM would be out of business, and everyone would be riding
in planes instead!!  Everything will be jsut fine!!