From:
Vanessa Oakley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:04:39 EST
Hi everyone!!  I hope all of you and your babies are doing well.  I'm
writing to you today with a special request.  I'm sure by now you all know
about Jadesun's little Jade not eating.  Not being as experienced with
ferrets (I only have one and he is my first) as all of you are I'm not
sure my advice is of any help to her.

Jadesun has become a very special friend to me.  She has been there for me
and has helped me through this first wonderful (and sometimes frantic) year
of ferret parenting.  Just knowing she was there has been very comforting
to me.  And now she is in need and I am afraid I am of very little help.

Please help this truly wonderful person through your advice and prayers for
Jade.  This little guy is a fighter and we've just got to help her pull him
through!!  I feel very confident that with your help we'll find an answer.
You are all so wonderful!!

My baby is doing fine.  He had the flu last week but I'm happy to say that
with antibiotics and tons of TLC he is showing a remarkable improvement.
He had lost weight but is steadily putting it back on.  Special thanks to
Jadesun for helping me through this!!

You know, it's funny.  I came to all of you a year ago because as a young
kit, my ferret baby would not stop biting.  I referred to it as my "no
bite" problem.  Last week the vet asked my husband to hold his mouth to
keep him from biting when he gave him his shot for congestion.  My husband
just laughed and told him that this ferret never bites anyone.  And this
is true.  I have the sweetest baby there ever was.  Thanks to all of you,
through lots of love and patience I have raised a very affectionate and
loving little creature.  Thanks again to all of you who gave me advice and
were so patient with me.

However, I'm not writing about me, I'm writing about Jade.  Even though I
have almost a year of ferret parenting under my belt I still feel terribly
inadequete when it comes to helping Jadesun.  So if you'd would lend her
your support through your prayers and advice I would greatly appreciate it.
I will also do some reasearch through our many sources on the web to try to
help as well.

Thanks to all of you, once again, for being there.  You are the greatest
people in all the world!!

SilkLady7
Kristen