From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 02:24:03 EDT
Lots of important posts today -- I can't put *everything* up front!

I'd like to remind people that discussions of issues such as animal research
pros and cons, general animal rights issues and PETA vs ASPCA vs other AR
organizations are beyond the scope of this list unless they are very
specifically related to ferrets -- i.e. the relationship should be more than
just incidental.

I'm not trying to say that such issues aren't worth of discussion -- on the
contrary -- there are lists devoted to just such discussions.  This list, on
the other hand, is devoted to discussion of ferrets.  Please let's keep it
that way.

The Marshall Farms posts are a more difficult issue.  MF posts are, of
course, related to ferrets but the ongoing discussion have been difficult at
times -- strong feelings and strong personalities.  I think I've kept the
worst off the FML (at the expense of many complaints from those whose posts
I've withheld), but this also means some useful information is not getting
out to you.

I'm very close right now to stopping the MF posts altogether, but I hope it
won't be necessary to do so.

The FML, like other lists will have its ups and downs.  But we've now seen
over 2000 FMLs... and still going strong.  Thanks to all of you!

Bill