From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:06:58 -0500
To Brad about his digging ferret.

I live in a FFZ so I am posting this on the FML.  I recently moved from a
palce with all hard wood floors to a place with carpeting in the bedrooms.
And the fuzzies love to dig.  Bitter Apple failed, so did punishment
(including hissing at them, time outs, etc.) I solved it by buying some
plastic carpet runner from Home Depot -- you know, the stuff that you lay
down on "high traffic areas" when you don't want feet touching the floor.
The plastic cuts easily with scissors so cut so a piece that longways is a
few inches longer than the doorway is wide; place in the doorway and cut to
fit so that an inch or two falls in the hallway, and a few inches fall to
both left and right of doorway.  Make sure you cut carefully to fit snuggly
around to door jambs (sp?) because they will find any exposed piece of
carpet to attack.  (learned this here on FML by the way)

Good luck!

DVC