Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:52:54 -0700
I so enjoyed Robins post about the two little rescue girls that were
special needs and found a forever home with a wonderful lady named
Julie.

I also have a happy ending story, and since we all love happy endings
I'll share.

About two months ago I was working our educational booth at our local
PetCo.

A young man approached, a ferret had found it's way into his back yard
two weeks prior. He bought ferret food, borrowed a rabbit cage from a
friend, and kept the ferret safe from his dog.

He put up *found* fliers, and asked all around the neighborhood.

He wanted to help the ferret, but did not want to keep it. What could I
do to help?

This ferret was wearing a collar, and a name tag (Willy)

He was NOT wearing fur.
sigh

I placed an ad in the paper and on craigslist.

4 people responded, they would give the guy a home if not claimed.

He was not, and I now believe he was *put out*, even though my heart
doesn't want to believe that.

I responded to a lady that said she had 3 ferrets, one being treated
for insulinoma, knew about adrenal and other diseases ferrets get.

When I explained this ferret was butt neked and would need surgery
right away, her response was *when can I pick him up*.

Willy spent a week with me for observation after a CD vaccination and
ADV testing, then a week in his new home to get settled in before
surgery.

Willy was given a new *manly* name of Gus by the new ferret dad, had
his surgery to remove a nearly two inch left adrenal, some nodules on
the pancreas, and recovered beautifully with his new hoomans.

I talked to them last week, Gus is growing fur, has become best friends
with one of the cats that live there, and is a very much loved little
ferret. Loree, the new mom is also volunteering with us to help
educate, and I have a new ferret friend.

To those of you that take in the special ones, the throw aways, the
sick.... Thank You.

To those that cannot take them in, but help them in other ways....
Thank You.

May ferret kisses be on you.

Ardith