From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:51:41 EDT
Dear FML:

Good day and I hope everyone is fine.  We have added some fantastic links
to our Disaster Website and I would like all of you to visit them.

1. On the "Resources" page the new FEMA National Situation Updates:
this particular item will tell you what is going on (emergency wise) in
different parts of the country.  I suggest all of you visit this site at
least 2X weekly to find out what is going on disaster wise throughout the
United States.

2. Probably one of our most important links on the "Resources" page:
The Emergency E-mail Network.  This is FABULOUS, and the very best way
to receive official information during weather and other emergencies.  You
can receive them on your computer, or if you power is out you can receive
the messages on an alphanumeric pager or a digital cell phone.  This is a
MUST for everyone.  I don't care where you are!  All you have to do is put
in the state and county (you can put in as many as you want) and you will
be notified!

3.  Also on the "Resources" Page.  Practical Trauma First Aid Kit.  This
is ABSOLUTELY the best pet emergency first aid kit on the market.  Perfect
for Dogs, Cats & Ferrets.  Please note the FFDRI does not receive any
compensation whatsoever from the purchase of this first Aid kit - I have
put it on our resource list because in my opinion it is the best on the
market.  Last June FFDRI had Practical Trauma make up our large travel
Trauma kit for disasters.  We also have two of the small first aid kits
(wish we had more).

O.K. that's it for now.  Please visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/ffdri

Thank you
Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response Intl.