Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:09:56 -0400
This morning she has NO bruise and the incision is showing some tiny healed
places here and there.  Her surgery was just on Friday and she had that
major complication but now just days later she is so much better.  She
arches normally again, is eating like a pig -- fortunately with small and
frequent meals since she's good at spacing herself, and a person has to be
careful because she can ZOOM.  Should be back to normal very soon and if
the pathology has good results and her luck heals maybe she'll go a very
long time before she has any health problem again.  Granted, with her
autoimmune disorder a really, really long time is not as likely as it is
with other ferrets and we certainly don't expect her to have the 3 and 1/2
years afterward like Meltdown had (but sure will be happily surprised it
that happens), but it's also NOT unusual after careful surgery for them to
have a long time afterward of incredible health.  Hey, that's why we
believe in going the extra mile.

Re: the ferret with the stroke.  It wasn't said how long ago the stroke
had been.  We've had two ferrets who had strokes and it IS possible with
careful rehab for some of them to get back most of function and most of the
pleasures of life, or even all of them with such a bit of working around a
unilateral weakness.  I have been hoping that this individual is like early
-- early on so long strides can possibly be made.