From:
Todd Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:58:22 -0500
Every Easter I try to remember to post something about this. Please be
careful with the colorful plastic eggs that you see at the stores. Yes,
ferrets love them to play with especially when you put something in
them that rattles. About 3-4 years ago we had a ferret who quit eating,
not doing much, etc..... I would have to force feed him. We did xrays,
bloodwork, you name it, nothing showed up. We then finally decided to
do an endoscope to look in his tummy. You know what we found on the
way down???? A bright green piece of plastic lodged in the back of his
throat, just far enough down where you couldn't see it. And to think I
was forcing this little baby to eat! So, just be careful and watch for
any cracks in the eggs and just be cautious!

Shelley