Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:53:47 EDT
I know you are all very busy.  But if as you read this you could pray that
Maria-the half bald older ferret, with the gigantic vulva sticking out of
her, come out of surgery alive and healthier?  Surgery is Wed. morning.

She has been dumped in her old age into a steamy hot window where she was
burning alive.  It was so hot here in Illinois, that the minute I walked
outside, my glasses steamed up.  There was no air conditioning I could feel
in the store.  It was stiffling.

She appears so happy here.  Mini Me has shown her how to get into the
garbage and roll in it.  This was passed down from Sunny Rhino Mudd to
Lovely to Mini Me.  And now Maria.

Maria ate two saucers of Bob C. Chicken soup all on her own yesterday and
today.  She rolled in and burrowed in and kicked out the fresh kitty litter
just like Sunny showed her.  The ferrets just love her.  She baths everyone
while they try to sleep.  She trots from room to room cavorting through
tubes, leaping into mounds of blankets, scampering in and out of the
childrens play house, brimming with dooks and curiosity, gaily dropping
out little c shaped turds as she trots along.

And last night, i took her to church.  A young lady there held Maria in a
baby blanket and rocked her and kissed her, and ran her fingers down Marias
tiny,bald, brain -looking head: while talking about the struggles in her
life, and how God has been there for her-even when she could not believe
in HIm.

Three times she said-Lisette knew I needed this tonight-to hold this little
one.  But it is not true.  I did not know.  Yet, there was Maria-blissfully
sleeping in the arms of a distraught, concerned lady--easing her tension.
Truly making a difference in someones day-simply by existing.

In such a short time-she is in our lives.  A part of our routine.  A member
of our community.

Please ask God that the surgeon perform surgery to the best of his ability,
and provide excellent post-op care for the few days after surgery, and that
the "bubbles" showing up in the x-rays be something that can be seen and
treated, and that Maria come out of this a healthier little ferret.

In Gods name we pray for this little wonder that He has created.
Amen.
Lisette