From:
Dianne Rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:49:17 +0800
I have been haphazardly following the articles on distemper vaccines
for ferrets and was wondering whether you have the C3 vaccine for dogs?
This vaccine was originally a Websters vaccine then was taken over by
Fort Dodge Pharmaceutical, which I thought was American. We have used
this vaccine for the past 20 years here in Western Australia and, with
thousands of ferrets vaccinated over the years at our bi-annual ferret
vaccination days, have never had an adverse affect, nor have we lost
any vaccinated ferret to Distemper. Possibly this vaccine is not
available in the States, but, since the demise of the single ferret
vaccine some 20 years ago we have had no reason to change.

In case anyone was wondering, we use Revolution for dogs and Distemper
vaccine for dogs and never use anything for cats on our ferrets; before
I get flamed over this, I can't remember why, it has been soooooo long
since we started, so I will check this out for myself :-)

Hugs to all.
Dianne.