From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:18:25 -0700
On Sat April 5th at 3pm there is a meeting at Rocky's. We welcome
everyone in the MD/VA/PA/DC area to come join us.

This past year has been a horrendous time for surrenders, one of the
worst the shelters have ever experienced. What can we do? We can go
out to the public and meet-n- greet, and share our knowledge of what
it means to be a ferret owner.

You only need to have basic knowledge and a desire to educate the
public. Should you be met with a question you can't answer, you let
them know that a shelter op will be in touch with them, or direct
them to a website for clarity.

One of my favorite adoptions from 2007 was someone that I'd met in 2003
in a PETSMART meet-n-greet. Because of our meeting at the store, they'd
held off on getting a ferret until they were ready, and then adopted.
Amazing!

Anyone wishing to have fun with meet-n-greets, or work at our shelter
is welcomed to attend our volunteer meeting. If you have one day a year
that you can donate to helping out, well, that will make you a bona
fide volunteer! We look forward to having you. Any questions, please
contact me off list at [log in to unmask]

If you aren't in my locale, then please contact your local shelter and
offer your time. You can make a difference!

Affectionately,

Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
Member, Shelter Council