From:
elaine mac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:22:21 -0800
Here's the problem, my youngest, one year old ferret, has been slowly
losing weight. He has a good appetite and eats regularly. He has
occasional bad poops and sometimes runny. I have been giving him duck
soup once a day, but have been told to give it at least every 3 hours
or so. I have heard of "wasting away" disease, where healthy ferrets
lose weight for no apparent reason, the vet says there is nothing
wrong, but they continue to lose weight. He is not insulanomic or
adrenal, any comments or has anyone experienced this ?? He is so
skinny. By the way all the other ferrets are in good health.

laney and her five