From:
"Christopher W. Zachary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 16:34:23 -0500
My ferret Slinky, a red-eyed white, has been battling a mysterious illness
for about 8 or 9 months now.  Slinky started losing a lot of weight (close
to half his normal weight) and became extremely sluggish.  The vet found he
had an enlarged lymph node, which they removed.  I feared lymphoma, or
something similar, but the biopsy didn't show any cancer.  Slinky has been
regularly throwing up much of the food that he eats.  The only thing I've
found to combat this is to give him a dog muscle relaxer, which does work
partially.  All this has done is let him survive, but he isn't getting
better.  Has anyone heard of these symptoms before or have any helpful
advice?