Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:24:59 -0500
First let me say that this is not meant as a flame.  I do understand the
unexpected does happen.  That said...

Please everyone.  I'm begging you.  Please tell everyone you know.  If
you can't afford vet care for a ferret, DO NOT TAKE ONE INTO YOUR HOME.
There have been at least two posts in the last week, I've seen, that have
been asking for someone to take their ferrets because the person can no
longer afford to care for them.  Tell your friends, tell neighborhood
kids, tell anyone you can think of what a ferret cost "after" you buy it.
Ferrets cost tons of money to care for, and almost all of them get sick.
In an ideal world, only those who can afford good care for their animal
companions would have them.  Be realist please, in how many of these
wonderful animals you can afford.

This is not meant as a flame.  I do understand, S%$t happens.  But think,
before you take that sweet baby home.

Shelley

Ps, I wonder if it would be at all doable to get pet stores to give out
an information sheet with "ferret facts".