From:
"Bill Gruber, FML Moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:21:06 -0400
A couple of subscribers sent me spam they received. It starts off
"i saw your profile in (ferretmailinglist.org) and picked interest
in you..."

Please be assured ferretmailinglist.org doesn't contain profiles of
any sort. The only personal information there is my own.

Of course, that leaves the question about where these addresses were
stolen from and how they are being linked. I'm guessing someone has a
virus which scans through past FMLs on his/her computer, but it's just
a guess. I've yet to receive the spam directly so I haven't been able
to analyze the headers. I'm also checking logs of archive searches
(though e-mail addresses are redacted on normal searches) for clues.

Please remember your addresses are NEVER given to anyone, are quite
safe and I have no tolerance for spam or address harvesting. I
apologize nonetheless and promise to continue to protect your
information as securely as possible.

Bill
FML moderator