From:
Victory Hegedus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 13:52:11 -0800
Someone posted:
>But Dr. Brown on AOL has been saying that a little heavy whipping cream is
>a good way to boost the fat and calories for an ailing ferret

Someone further commented on the sugar content and it's unsuiyability for
ferrets, have you also considered the use of dairy products is not very good
for ferrets, not to mention that it usually causes diarrehia therefore
defeating it's purpoe of helping with weight gain.  I had a ferret who had
cancer and we "accidentaly" discivered peanut butter, my vet said we just
had to amke sure it was sugar and salt free, the natural kind, it can be
found in many large supermarkets and health food stores.  This ferret kept a
steady weight throughout all the illness till his death (which surprised the
vet).  Anyway my little ones love it, their coats are gorgeous, and for my
underwieght one her weight has stabalized to a better level with a small
amount on a regular basis, more often then a treat.  She has even bonded
with us like no other ferret.  She'll crawl into our arms and stay quiet
just to get some.

Victory

Welcome to
 THE      *     * *     * *
Phanos-how else can I get into trouble ?
Xienna-I want to play, now!!
Nickles-Mommy they're looking at me...
Orthos-Our new Hedgehog
Misty- I will protest if one more ferret arrives here
and Mark-Am I the only sane human here?