Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:47:12 -0500
I just got back from the vet's.  I took my Bubbie in because he has
dermatitis.  Turns out the vet has a strong suspicion that Bubbie has
adrenal.  Bubbie is a 1 1/2 years old.  He has lost big patches of fur.
On top of this all 8 of my ferrets need their rabies and distemper vacs,
they have ear mites, I also have a rat who needs a tumor removed.  When
it rains it pours and I have no umbrella.  I live on a fixed income.  I'm
on SSI and was diagnosed with panic disorder.  I feel so inadequate as a
mother to my fur kids because I am having the hardest time paying their
vet bills.  Every time I've tried to put money away for them I end up
using it all on them right away.  (I'm putting this all on the list
because I don't have anyone else to talk to.)

I don't know much about adrenal.  I have read a few things and know about
the Lupron shots and that the ferrets go bald.  I also know that it can
require expensive surgeries.  There is just so much information out there
but if anyone has a link to a site that breaks it all down plain and
simple I'd appreciate it.  I love my vet and he is ferret knowledgable
but if anyone in Massachusetts knows of a quality vet who might be
cheaper please please let me know.  My vet works at a VCA and their
prices are very high.

Please no flames.  I know now I shouldn't be a mother to 8 furkids
because I have a hard time paying for their bills.  Had I known the vet
bills would come down on me like this, I would not have taken in the 8
even though I love every one of them with all of my heart and soul.
What to do what to do...

~Susie and Brood~