Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:43:21 -0400
Legal battle over right to use land by owner in Kansas:
http://www.pratttribune.com/articles/2007/09/25/news/02.txt

Please post a comment. As much as I love beef, I have to point out that
cattle are NOT native to the United States. They are an introduced
species. The black-footed ferret is a native! And, the North American
prairie is unique. However, it has been reduced by 98% from its
original size. Why are we allowing an invasive species - which is what
New Zealand AND California call the domesticated ferret - to take over
and destroy our land and its inhabitants? Why can the government come
in and destroy the habitat and food source because of this invasive
species?

Cattle are NOT going away, but shouldn't the natives be allowed to
stay? Oh, wait, we fought that battle and the native Americans now live
on reservations! Abraham Lincoln said the role of government is to do
what the people cannot do for themselves. Not WILL not, not ARE TO LAZY
TO, not CHOOSE NOT, but CANNOT! Please, consider how you feel about the
lack of legal recourse for a ferret in CA and think about retaining
your rights. Otherwise, you will find yourself with NO rights (imminent
domain, pest eradication, pet ownership, etc., etc.).

::stepping off soapbox::
::waving my flag::
It's still the best country in the world - let's keep it that way!

Renee Downs
It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the
credit!
"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." Amelia Earhart
Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.)
http://www.ferretemergency.org
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org
American Red Cross