From:
Jeb Weisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1993 20:28:33 -0500
Chere,

Our fingers are crossed for you.  As you may or may not know, the HSUS has
formally changed their anti-ferret stand to one that states that ownership
is okay if the owners know the special needs of ferrets.  In response to
this I have had them post their official position in their library on CI$.
Further I asked how they thought owners could gain such knowledge if
organizations such as HSUS didn't provide proper educational materials.

To this end, HSUS has agreed to look at such materials for educational
distribution.  I've been working on this intensively for the last 5 weeks.
I have articles Dr. Kawasaki sent me, I've been talking to Freddie
Hoffman, Randy S. and his bibliography, and others.  Once we have a
cohesive package we have a few vets who are willing to look it over and
ad "legitimacy" to what we have.

-Jeb (& the folks on GEnie's Pet-Net RT)