From:
"Houle Marion (NHQ-AC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:00:44 -0400
I, too, received the email about the ferret sculpture, and the funny thing
is it went to my old email address.  (I have two computers at my office
and one is specifically internet, and the other is for the local network).
I had changed my email address about a month ago, and the advertisement
went to the old one.  If they are not using the FML list, perhaps they are
tracing addresses of people who click on certain ferret sites?  Not sure,
I'm not that literate about how people can trace other people on the
internet, I have heard it can be done and all ... but ...?  just a thought!
[Moderator's note: They are definitely not using the subscriber list,
though, again, they may have culled old FMLs for a least some of their
addresses.  Thus far I've gotten 15 complaints, plus one person who
appreciated getting the info.  BIG]

On another note, I was painting my bathroom this weekend, a beautiful aqua
colour (to match the yellow toilet, sink and tub ... not my choice of
colours, but when you rent ...!).  Anyway, the first two sets of ferrets
had been out and running, and nothing hazardous had yet happened.  (Other
than the fact that Jaymes, my dark-eyed white walked right up to the wall
and sniffed - bingo - aqua blue nose!!) Then, I decided to let Indy and
Louise out as I was working on the top half of the bathroom, and the bottom
half was dry.  (For those of you who read the magazine FERRETS!  - I own a
wired weasel, big time wired weasel!).  Louise is doing her thing, hiding
her toys, etc... and Indy is naturally in the bathroom with me licking and
chomping on my toes while I am precariously balancing on the stepladder.
Do I put them away, heck no, this makes life much more interesting!  Indy
then decides to explore - the paint tray - which is very full of paint -
and yes, he tipped it over onto himself!  And then of course, he takes
off like a bat out of hell, running down the hallway with aqua blue paint
flying everywhere.  It took me forever to catch him, and then poor baby
Indy got the bath of his life!!  Was he ever pissed!!!  There is still some
flecks of paint in him that give him this gorgeous hue of blue.  (I am
going to give him another bath and good combing tonight to try and get the
leftovers out!  - not an easy task let me tell you!)

Well, that's it for now, hope everyone and their fuzzies are doing well ...

Take care,

Marion and her zoo