From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 22:55:52 -0400
It was a lovely morning at de bridge. SaraFerret was just sitting
quietly outside her cottage when Lily, de newest little girl courier,
flew up to sit beside her. She said,

"SaraFerret, I have this important message from the Boss. Its seems
that this ferret is crossing the bridge. By the way, do you think that
I can ever ever be a bridgegreeter? I know I has such a long way to go
since I haven't been at the bridge all that long. Is there anyone you
need me to get for you? Oh yes, here is the note, I almost forgot to
give it to you."

"Ah Lily" I replied. "Bridgegreeters are appointed by de Boss. But you
best be careful what you wish for. Now hurry and go fetch dese fuzzies
while I head for de entrance."

I made a mad dash cause I knew I was oh so late and I saw her waiting
for me, so I quickly introduced myself,
"Hi, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Here you will have no pain or suffering. You will have run
green grass forever and have lotsa friends. Did I mention de fun and
games?"

She replied, "My name is Angel and I belong to Mommy Rosie. She
mentioned you quite a bit and she said that I would be coming her to
see you and my friends. Do you really know my Mommy? I sure loved being
with her, but I got so sick and I knew that I had to wait until Mommy
woke up so I could say good bye to her. But I feel so much better now
that I am here."

I answered, "Angel, I don't know your Mommy personally although I have
heard lots about her. I have heard that she is such a great person. I
bet she was happy dat you were able to tell her goodbye. Oh, by de way,
I notice dat you are carrying a heavy backpack with you, would you mind
telling me what you have? You don't have to take it out, just whisper
it to me."

Den Angel leaned over very quietly and whispered in my ear, "I have a
little stuffed toy dog and a small cloth bag with a piece of Mommy's
heart--she has such a big heart-I don't think she will miss such a
small piece of it."

All of a sudden Max, her close companion, who had crossed de bridge
before her jumped out de shadows and shouted, "Angel, Welcome!!!!!!"
Oh she was so surprised dat tears ran down her eyes. Then Max told
her about a surprise: "Angel you are gonna get special wings like
SaraFerret and I are wearing, only in your own colors. So you will
be able to fly about the clouds."

So we went down de garden path toward de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
Angel opened de box and took out de wings--Hot Pink with black streaks.
I helped her put on her wings and Max adjusted her halo. Den she ran to
de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. Den she turned to me
and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea."

We opened de door and went down de path to de Misitng Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
Rosie appear. Angel started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. You are so precious to me.
I promise to visit you one day in your dreams. I don't hurt anymore. I
have wings now and I soon I will be able to fly."

Den she started to throw hugs and kisses and laid dem on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by de time you should
read dis it should have landed dere. And with another swish de vision
was gone.

Lily came rushing up with a group of fuzzies who gathered around us.
Some seemed to know Angel. Others were introduced to her by Max. Den
we continued down de road to de cottage where a party was planned.

To be continued tomorrow.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter