From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 02:40:40 -0800
Hi All,

To Joyce:

Basically Vaseline is simply petroleum jelly which many of the laxatives and
hairball rememdies out there are made from petroleum products.  I think it
would simply act as a laxative to them if they ate enough of it.  I don't
think it would do them any harm in small amounts such as licking some off
your lips but best to ask the Doc's to be sure.  As for the dried out feet
pads you might try some mineral oil but they may just lick it off too.  I
would put it or a moisturizing salve on them (there are some great Colloidal
Silver salves out there that are also antibiotics in nature) and then
massage it in real good so most of it will at least be absorbed rather than
just licked off.  Also spraying some Avon Skin-so-soft bath oil on them
might help.  Perhaps even a soak in Epson Salts in water could be soothing
but be sure to wash it off good afterwards since I have no idea if it could
be toxic to them or not if licked.  Another question for the Docs I guess.

         Kelleen & The INSANE Animal House