From:
Craig Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 00:35:07 -0500
After reading Katy Fritz's note in one of the recent issues of the FML I would
like to propose a way that all of us that this list has helped can show our
appreciation to Chris Lewis. This is someone that we can all be glad we know (at
least through an electronic means). Like Katy said in her note I also have met a
lot of people here. I may not post often but I always read and laugh or cry with
those that are doing the posting. About 2 years ago I met a lady by the name of
Chere McCoy on this list when she was pleading for help to rescue ferrets that
had been in hurricane Andrew. My wife and I who at the time were Co-founders of
the Houston Area Ferret Association joined in and collected 1500 LBS. in
supplies that we took to Florida. Our path of communication was started on this
list. Thanks to Chris for being there so that we could join up, there are at
least 6 more happy ferrets in the Houston area that were rescued from the
hurricane. We no longer run a club but we and friends of ours do have 3 of the 6
that were brought back. Well so much for old home week.

What I would like to propose is that EVERYONE on the list forward a picture of
themselves and their "kids" to Chris so that he has a record of all of the
people he has helped. And thanks to Bill Gruber for keeping things going.

Katy, we still have our "Charlie the media darling" hope all is well with yours.

Craig & Carole Hopkins

and all of the former Houston Area Ferret Association media "Furballs"
In memory of "Bandit" who we recently lost :{