From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:18:01 -0500
>From:    Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FAQ ad for Marshall Farms
>My future hubby and I were checking the Ferret FAQ, and imagine my surprise
>to see Marshall Farms so prominantly represented, including the opening
>statement that they were "The most established and respected source of
>baby ferrets worldwide".  [...]

>[Moderator's note: Trying to find out which FAQ this came from -- not Pam
>Greene's, as far as I can tell.  (Not to imply I agree that MF ferrets are
>inferior, per se.  BIG]

Certainly not the one I maintain.  Other than courtesy, nothing stops
someone from writing a document and calling it a FAQ; lots of clubs,
breeders and product manufacturers have web pages with lists of frequently
asked questions about ferrets.  Most of them are excellent, though some of
the commercial ones tend to reflect the interests of their writers.

What I call "the" Ferret FAQ, the one posted to rec.pets.ferrets each
month and available from the FML's listserver, is on the Web at
http://www.ferretcentral.org/faq/

I believe it's the oldest FAQ about ferrets, at 5 years old, and thanks to
the contributions and advice of hundreds of people I like to think it's one
of the most thorough and evenhanded.

[Moderator's note: Joanne let me know that the FAQ in question lives at
Marshall Farm's homepage http://www.marshallpet.com/.  She got there from
a link at Ferret Central.  Perhaps was confused where she was?  BIG]