From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 05:50:34 -0800
Dear Folks-

For reasons I don't understand, a post that I sent in time for Saturday's
(on friday) FML was printed on sunday, not saturday.

I was whining about Amy's post that appeared on friday.

I asked for a much less nasty rebuttal from her about the salmonella
issue.  I viewed her post as a pretty nasty slam against the person who
started the whole thread.

Well, yesterday Amy sent that more reasoned, much less contentious
rebuttal.  It was everything I could have asked for.  It educated, it
didn't talk down to anyone, and nobody got called a lear, or accused
of spreading lies.

Thank you, Amy.

Why my whining post was printed AFTER the horse had left the barn is
beyond me.  I take full responsibility for writing a whining post.  What
was accomplished by printing it a day late is beyoned me.  I apologize
to anyone who was baffled by this sequence of events.

Alexandra in MA

[Moderator's note: If the post appeared on Sunday it's because it didn't
ARRIVE here in time for Saturday's FML.  Honest!  With rare exceptions
posts automatically go into the digest as they arrive.  Then, when it's
time to prepare the FML I edit the digest and merge in the poster's
addresses and subjects.  Every now and then I can't get to it in time and
the result is a messy unedited digest -- with all the posts in it.  BIG]