From:
Dan Eliot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 18:11:29 -0700
Greetings everyone,

Well, I'm de-lurking for a request.  A friend of mine and his wife (not
myself and my wife) are looking to adopt a second Ferret in Southern
California (where I coincidentally live and do not own a Ferret since that'd
be ever so bad and illegal and immoral and stuff).

My friend recently built a new Ferret enclosure on his patio for his female
Ferret Julia who is 5 1/2 years old (birthday in mid April, so he tells me).
Anyway, the beautiful enclosure (if he does say so himself) has 3 levels
with stairs, hammocks, and tubes for the Ferrets to run through.  Also, it
has a few warm comfy wood box type enclosures for the Ferrets to sleep in
and will soon have linoleum on each level for easy cleaning (he doesn't miss
a trick).  The only thing missing is a second Ferret!

My friend and his wife (again, not me and my wife) have wanted to get a
companion for Julia for a long time.  Julia hasn't seen another Ferret since
she was 6 weeks old (so he tells me) and he feels somewhat guilty that she
doesn't have a companion of her own species to play with (so he tells me).
Anyway he is looking for (preferably) a younger male to occupy this
tri-level Ferret nirvana with the mature and "graying about the rump" Julia.

If anyone in Southern California knows of or has a Ferret they'd like to
find a good home for, please let me know and I'll pass along the information
to this person and his wife (who are again, not myself and my wife).  My
friend (not me) would be happy to discuss his experience with ferrets, how
he plans to care for said Ferret, and produce annual vet bills to prove his
emotional and economic fitness as a Ferret parent (so he tells me).
Purchase is not out of the question, though they are ideally hoping to adopt
a Ferret in need of a good, loving, home.

Dan (who doesn't own Ferrets, really he doesn't)

*****    Dan Eliot, Biology/Life Science Teacher   *****
*****   El Dorado High School, Placentia, CA       *****
*****  US Mail:  PO Box 1372, Placentia, CA 92871  *****
*****        E-MAIL :  [log in to unmask]        *****