From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 23:03:47 -0500
From what I've been hearing, Dr. Neil has received a few calls since he
ordered the murder of the ferret kit.  What I'd like him to get is a call
from the MD governor telling him to pack his belongings and find a new job.
 No one like that belongs in that kind of position where he can make
decisions like that.

I was really happy to hear that some people did contact their local
shelters/clubs and some did try to find out what the policies were in their
state and community.  We did last year and did actually get a policy
statement in writing allowing for a 10 day quarantine for ferrets.  Problem
is getting to the ferret owner before Public Health does.  One more reason to
now try to get it in the law.

Believe me one person CAN make a difference, if they believe in what they are
doing and are willing to stick with it.  Whenever I get discouraged, I just
remember how long the people in California have been working on their cause
in spite of the opposition.  If we don't stand up for our rights and the
right of our ferrets, just who will?

Dick Bossart