From:
C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 13:09:16 -0800
Its official, The United Ferret Organization is closing its doors.  The
final newsletter is going out and it contains our final instructions.  We
are can no longer take in any more ferrets, we have done our best to get
the animal control and humane society to take them in and they are finding
that they are not a big a burden as expected, but we do not have the
support to continue to fight the pet stores who flood the Salt Lake Homes
with ferrets that should not be there.

We thank all of you who have support U.F.O.  over the years and we also
thank all of you who have been kind and considerate of others who have used
the FML for good and not for their selfish purpose of bashing others.  I
will be discontinuing my subscription to the FML today so please save your
comments because as painful a decision this has become, it is final.

The FML has been a great tool for a shelter and organization, but it
has also been overrun by people bent on their own reputation and
distastefulness.  I hope that it will someday go back to being a fun and
reputable source of Ferret Information and meeting place for TRUE FERRET
PARENTS out there.

Take care and happy holidays

Rick
United Ferret Organization