From:
friskyferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:06:40 +0100
Hello all.  My lovely Snoopy, a re-habilitated feral, was castrated 13 days
ago and without concern until today: I was combing him and noticed that
since his surgery his tail has lost a large amount of fur, almost bald on
one side in particular.  He is a young chap, and although always very
sweet and quiet, has been passed as healthy by the vet apart from a grade
one heart murmur.  I know some ferrets develop a bare tail in the summer
months, but this has happened almost over-night!  I am concerned that it
is significant of some disease (bloods normal), or is it purely the stress
of surgery?  He is very timid, even wetting himself as they gave the
anaesthetic poor little chap.  I just want to make sure, or is it because
I am blonde?(!).

Many thanks FML'ers.
Sarah and her companions.