From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:11:08 -0800
Just about three years ago, my husband and I flew from Juneau, AK to
Seattle, WA on Alaska Airlines.  While we couldn't take our two fur kids
with us on board, they let us check them as baggage, assuring us that the
baggage area is just like being in the cabin.  Well, our kids came through
with flying colors!  In fact, they seemed to travel better than I do, at
least on the airplane.

We will be making a return trip in June, this time with six ferrets in three
carriers.  The rules state that animals in the same cage must be
littermates, but after talking to the local ticket agent, she said that that
mostly applies to dogs, not ferrets.  I was told that we would need to make
reservations for our pets and that it would cost us $50 per carrier.
Additionally, we would need to have up-to-date health certificates including
information about rabies shots.  I hope everything goes as well this time.

Melanee Ellis
Eugene, OR

P.S.  I got an e-mail back from John McPherson (did the Leaping Ferrets
cartoon) and he said, I assure you, I think ferrets are really neat and
meant nothing by the cartoon.  (Do you think Alfred Hitchcock got angry
letters form bird owners after The Birds came out?)

He was just making fun of something he thought was funny. And So Did
I!!!

MME