From:
Allen Patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 00:01:52 -0400
I have 6 ferrets all various ages and I don't know what to do about
vaccinating them.  All of them have had their initial distemper shots before
they were sold @ 6-9 wks old.  I heard that the schedule for distemper
should be 9 wks, 11 wks then 14 wks.  Well our oldest (1 year)just had her
distemper booster and rabies shot in October with all the others, she was @
10 mos old, another 10 wks and two (we bought together) @ 8 wks.  Then we
purchased another in March and had him vaccinated @ 9 wks (distemper and
rabies) but we didn't know about the proper schedule so the others went 5
mos without any further boosters.  Our newest addition, #6, is now 9 wks old
and I will get her vaccinated soon.  But what should I do with the others?
Are they protected?  Do we need to and is it safe to vaccinate them now (and
if so, what schedule do we follow?1 more, 2 more boosters?) or should we
wait until they're yearly boosters.  And, should we follow the above 9, 11,
& 14 wk schedule with our new fuzzy?  Sorry, so many questions, but I'm
worried I didn't do right by my babies!!  I'd appreciate any
input/suggestions.  Thanks fellow fuzzbutt lovers!  Kimberly<