From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:36:27 -0800
In the wake of the Spokane slaughter, I feel we need to be extremely
cautious, and vigilant in protecting our fuzzies.  Lance may be in custody
at the moment, but there are others like him out there.

Please everyone, be careful.  A recent post from an unknown person, who,
when asked for more information, responded with evasion and flippancy, has
prompted me to write today.  I'm willing to be deemed a raging, paranoid,
loony, than keep quiet and discover that my silence resulted in another
ferret massacre.

Usually, when one of us decides to undertake shelter operation, it's done
after they become fairly well known.  In that the majority of shelters
realize a certain amount of financial support through the FML, it is not
unusual that we have questions.  An answer of "I don't know" to "how many
ferrets do you have", is not going to inspire confidence in a possible
benefactor.  Especially when the answer turns out to be 1.

So please people, don't turn ferrets over to a shelter that pops up out of
nowhere.  Ask the hard questions, and if the answers make you uneasy, go to
one of the shelter databases to get more information.

Georgia, who promises that her next message will be more upbeat.