From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:54:14 -0500
I finally got a reply from Mazuri today.  They said that there has been
controversy over this preservative, used to prevent food spoilage, for a
few years now and that even humans consume this preservative.  They also
said that their level of ethoxyquin is below the approved maximum which
is 150 ppm and theirs is 120 ppm.  I am glad they finally answered back.

I too went to the Whole Food Store and could not find the ground chicken
with bones, skin and everything in it.  We asked and all they had was the
regular ground chicken.  Bummer.  We did find a place up the street from
us that sells Wysong canned foods that are for cats and dogs.  They had
chicken, turkey, lamb, rabbit and duck!  I bought 2 cans, 1 rabbit and
1 duck to mix into the kid's soup.  I tried the rabbit first and added
a big can to my big weekly batch of chicken soup.  All but 1 loved it!
Next batch I will add the big can of duck.  They can also order frozen
rabbit which I will most likely do since they do like it.  I figured it
can't hurt them and is probably good for them.

Eleanor, Donald and the 7 furkids