From:
Aengus Luker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:25:48 PDT
Sad times for me, everyone.

Last night I came home from work to find my youngest ferret, MonkeyGirl,
had passed away in her sleep.

I found Monkey in her favorite sleeping place, curled up in a circle on
her back.  She seems to have died in her sleep, peacefully.  That morning,
before I went to work, she snuggled and kissed me for a very long time.
She was always my sweetheart, and playmate to my other ferret, SkuzzleButt.

SkuzzleButt has been searching for her since I took her out of the cages,
poor thing.  He seems concerned that she is not around, so I am giving him
extra special big lovings because of it.  The two ferrets I rescued two
days ago are still in quarentine, just to be sure, until the vet can see
them.  They seem healthy, so I doubt there is a problem there.

My problem is this.  I do not know why she died!  Monkey was a happy, well
cared for, young little girl!  Monkey was barely two years old, no sign of
anything wrong at all, very healthy, and just got checked up by the vet.
He said she was healthy, and I noticed nothing amiss at all.  She had
gotten her shots months before, and I try to take the ferts in to checkup
every 6 months.  The vet is doing a necrosopy today to try to determine
what the problem is.

I'm going to miss her, she was my first baby ferret I raised from
childhood.  She was always happy, always dancing and dooking, and always
making me laugh.  She always played nice with SkuzzleButt and all my other
animals, always friendly and never biting.

I would hold her in a little ball under my chin.  She would reach out with
both her hands, grab my nose and hold on, and kiss me as long as she could,
with me laughing all the while.

I still feel her kisses.

I will always remember and love you, MonkeyGirl.

Aengus